Procedures and Information
Salem-Keizer Public Schools facilities are available for rent to community members and groups. A fee is charged for renting a facility, and certain guidelines must be followed in order to rent a building or room.
If you want to rent space inside an elementary or middle school OR a high school field, please contact the District Facility Rental Office.
If you want to rent space inside a high school, please contact the school directly.
3630 State Street
Salem, OR 97301
Public Office Hours:
Monday through Friday
8:00am to 4:00pm
District Closures: When the District is closed, facility use is canceled. For information about District closures due to inclement weather, click here.
2017-18 Notice to Renters Informational Memo
Scheduling Requests for Stadiums, Artificial Turf, Natural Ball Fields and Gyms
Sports Facilities, Stadiums, Artifical Turf Fields, Natural Ball Fields and Gymnasiums are scheduled on a seasonal basis in order to coordinate with school sports seasons. The following documents provide information on the due dates for applications for an upcoming sports season. Applications received after the due date will be scheduled on a space-available basis.
- 2016-17 Seasonal Rental Scheduling and Applications Due Dates
- 2017-18 Seasonal Rental Scheduling and Applications Due Dates
- 2016-17 Facility Rental Customer Information - FAC-F010 (For new customers & for existing customers due annually)
- 2017-18 Facility Rental Customer Information - FAC-F010 (For new customers & for existing customers due annually)
- Facility Rental Event Request - FAC-F011 (For each event, single or recurring)
- Sample Certificate of Insurance
- School Dude User Login
- School Dude Community Calendar (Public Access)
- High School Sports Calendar (Public Access)
Policies and Use Agreements
- District Policy - Use of District Facilities - FAC-A011
- District Procedure - Use of District Facilities - FAC-P011
- City of Salem/School District 24J Cooperative Facility Use Agreement
- Facilitiy Rental Terms of Agreement
Certificates of Insurance
All rental groups will be required to provide a Certificate of Insurance naming the Salem-Keizer School District as an additional insured. A Sample Certificate can be found above under "Forms."
Custodial, Event Monitoring, Security Services, Kitchen Services
Many events will be required to have Custodial Services, Event Monitoring, Security Services, Kitchen Hostess Services and other services. The costs for these services will be included in the Rental Estimate and payable by the rental group.
Payment and Confirming a Rental Event Reservation
Payment of your Rental Event Reservation is due within 7 calendar days after your Rental Event Reservation has been confirmed, or no less than 2 working days prior to the event date, whichever comes first. Unpaid Rental Event Reservations will be cancelled if payment has not been received. A new Rental Event Application would then be required to reapply. Payment may be made by cash, or money order. Make checks payable to Salem-Keizer School District 24J.
Event Changes and Cancellation
Notify the Facility Rental office no later than 5 days prior to the event date of any requested schedule changes. Notify the Facility Rental office no less than 2 working days prior to the event date of any cancellations.