About the Budget Committee
The Budget Committee is a 14-member group consisting of the Salem-Keizer School Board and seven appointed citizen volunteers. The committee is an advisory group established by statute to make budgetary recommendations to the school board.
Budget Committee appointees serve three-year terms and may apply for additional service.
The Budget Committee conducts public meetings and reviews the budget proposed by the superintendent. Citizens are encouraged to attend these meetings and provide comments.
Local budget law requires that the budget committee hold at least one meeting for the purpose of:
- Receiving the budget message and budget document from the Superintendent
- Providing community members with an opportunity to ask questions about and comment on the budget
The district provides public notice of meeting(s) in the Salem Statesman-Journal. The budget message is usually delivered by the superintendent in mid-April, and public hearings are usually held in May.
Please Note: This committee meets as needed. For information on upcoming meeting dates, contact Kristy Brooks-Lathers at 503-399-3001, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Budget Committee Meetings
Meetings are held at the district's Support Services Center located at 2575 Commercial Street SE, Salem and normally begin at 6:00 p.m
- March 21, 2017 - Agenda
- April 25, 2017 - Budget Message
- May 9, 2017 - 7:00 pm
- May 22 - 23, 2017 - Budget hearings- public testimony will be taken.
- May 24 - 25, 2017 - Budget hearings - if needed (public testimony will not be taken).
Budget Committee Members
- Marcia Atkinson, June 30, 2018
- Mark Bateman, June 30, 2018
- Lloyd Chapman, June 30, 2017
- Rachel Dewey-Thorsett, June 30, 2019
- Levi Herrera-Lopez, June 30, 2019
- Adam Kohler, June 30, 2017
- Betty Pataccoli, June 30, 2017
School Board Budget Committee Members
- Chris Brantley
- Jim Green
- Marty Heyen
- Rick Kimball
- Paul Kyllo
- Chuck Lee
- Nancy MacMorris-Adix
Salem-Keizer School District Budget Committee
PO Box 12024
Salem, OR 97309-0024